95th Annual Oakland City - Hickory
May 6th & 7th, 2017
Lake Chabot GC
1922 - Willie Loch
* National Hickory Golf Day
1922 WPA-built clubhouse & practice green - Lake Chabot Golf Course
Cost = $105 - includes all green fees + awards/prizes.
* Carts if needed are an additional fee to be payed at course.
Online registration entry form here.
Yes, you read that right. This is the 95th year of this event. The first Championship being played in 1923 with hickory clubs! A who's who of Northern California golf, winners of the Oakland City Championship include British Open winner Tony Lema. This is a super event held on a fantastic mostly unmolested hickory era course that is very manageable in terms of length, generous width, and other hickory era play style features..
Sweeney smudging fingerprints on the Champion's Trophy dating all the way back to 1923.
Please sign up sooner than later if you are interested in attending so as to give the course a good indication of our active participation/enthusiasm.
- 36 holes medal play (Sat & Sun) - USGA rules.
- There are 2 flights you can sign up for Senior Net and Men's Net
(both from WHITE TEES @ 5615 yards)
- GHIN handicap required -- You will be competing against "modern day" players.
post below in this forum thread, call/email us.
or contact pro Sieg @ Lake Chabot:
General Manager, PGA
Lake Chabot G.C.